- For moving there is no need for registration and preparation of a pile of documentation, no need to know the language and have means of subsistence.
- You can submit a petition at the time of crossing the border, immediately obtaining the right to use a number of benefits, while the migration services decide on the case.
- Refugees are entitled to a social package (financial security, medical care, utilities, etc.).
- There is no need to renounce the existing citizenship.
- It is possible to take a family.
- There is the prospect of obtaining EU citizenship.
According to the Geneva Convention, adopted in 1951, Europe is open to asylum seekers regardless of where they came from. If there is a risk to health and life, you can use the right to leave your home country to another state and ask for protection. The same is true for family members.
Important: It is strongly recommended to travel by direct flight to the country where you plan to apply for protection. A trip with transfers will lead to the fact that the application should be addressed to the authorities of the country whose border was crossed first after leaving the homeland.
The procedure for obtaining the refugee status
Going to receive political asylum in Europe, you need to have strong reasons and their documentary confirmation. The grounds can be cited the following: political, racial, religious and national motives. Besides, you can focus attention on the harassment associated with belonging to specific groups (sexual minorities, etc.). The applicant needs to provide evidence that the country does not uphold human rights, the state does not provide legal protection, and there is a threat to life.
You need to contact the prefecture, the police station or the agency dealing with refugee issues. The request will be considered for about 6 months. After filing an application for asylum, a preliminary interview is held. In the course of the survey, the migration services specialists determine whether the applicant has a reason to ask for help. You need to come to the interview with documents and materials on the case.
RPI SOLUTIONS experts will consult on all matters relating to the decision to leave to Europe for political asylum – how to get, what to answer to the migration services, what documents to prepare, etc. Experienced lawyers possess the practical experience and know the subtleties of the migration legislation of different countries. You can learn more at the first consultation. Call to register with an international lawyer.